Parking permits for the 2023-24 school year are now on sale for JUNIORS and SENIORS ONLY.
NO PARKING PERMITS WILL BE SOLD TO STUDENTS WITH "U"s OR EXISTING PARKING FINES.
Do you need to make up a "U"? Click here: Citizenship Make Up
Parking at SHS is a privilege for juniors and seniors who choose to drive to school. Unfortunately, there is a limited number of parking spaces on campus. For this reason, parking hang tags will be sold to senior and junior students only. Any sophomore caught parking on school grounds will receive a citation and may lose future parking privileges. All vehicles parked on school property must apply for a permit with the school and must properly display a current hang tag from the rear-view mirror. The cost of a parking permit is $5.00 per semester.
Those that choose to purchase a hang tag agree to the following conditions:
- A student may NOT purchase a new parking pass unless they have:
- made up all “U”s.
- paid for any previous citations.
- Purchasing a hang tag does not guarantee a parking space.
- A new parking hang tag must be purchased each semester. (Different in appearance)
- SHS is not responsible for any damages caused to, or property stolen from a vehicle parked at the school.
- Any juniors or seniors that purchase a hang tag for a sophomore will have the hang tag revoked, lose the privilege of purchasing a future hang tag, and will receive a citation.
- The hang tag must be placed on the rear-view mirror, with the parking pass number facing the front of the vehicle and it must be visible. Placing it on the dash will not be accepted.
- Even if the student has purchased a pass, if they fail to properly display the pass, they will receive a citation.
- Students must remove their vehicle from the Driving Range by 2:30 pm EVERY DAY. Failure to do so will result in a citation, booting or towing.
- Students must park in unmarked stalls located in the north, east and west parking lots.
- Staff parking stalls are marked “STAFF”. Parking in these stalls will result in a citation.
- The south lot is staff and visitor parking only. Parking in this lot will result in a citation.
- Students may not park in “DAYCARE DROP OFF” stalls. Parking in these stalls will result in a citation.
- A student who violates parking rules risks receiving a parking citation (ticket).
- Each citation results in a $15 fine.
- If a citation is not paid within 10 school days of when the citation was issued, a $10 late fee will be added to the citation.
- Students parking in a HANDICAP stall or FIRE LANE (red curb) will be given a $25.00 PARKING FINE, may be booted or towed, and may receive an additional ticket from Syracuse City.
- Any student involved in the creation or use of a fraudulent parking pass will receive an administrative “U”, may lose all future parking privileges, and may be referred to law enforcement for prosecution.
Students who receive multiple citations will receive the following consequences based on the number of citations:
- Two citations: The student’s parents are notified.
- Three citations: The student receives an Administrative “U”.
- Four citations: The student loses the privilege to purchase a parking pass for the next semester.
- Five citations: The student will have their vehicle booted. (boot fine is an additional $20)