Class Schedule Change
Schedule Change Requests
SCHEDULE CHANGES WILL BE OPEN AUGUST 3rd – 17th
- Seniors Only - Schedule changes can be done in person on August 4th and 5th by scheduling an appointment on myDSD. Appointments will open up Wednesday, August 3rd at 3:00 p.m. Seniors will need a receipt prior to their appointment. Schedule change payments can be made in the office or on myDSD.
- Seniors who cannot come in person, please use the Schedule Change Google form to request a change.
- All other students - Please fill out the Schedule Change Google form.
Completely fill out the request and list alternate courses in case your requested course is full.
Class Change Fee
There is a $10 class change fee for each class change request submitted. This includes, but is not limited to, period swaps, teacher change requests, and adding/dropping classes. Be sure to list ALL changes requested on the online form to avoid multiple charges. Pay the class change fee through myDSD under optional fees or in person in the Main Office. SCHEDULE CHANGE FEES MUST BE PAID FIRST IN ORDER FOR THE CHANGE TO BE MADE.
Teacher Change Requests
WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCOMMODATE TEACHER CHANGES
Because of the large number of students enrolled at Syracuse High and current large class sizes, teacher changes may not be available this year. We are lucky to have quality teachers at Syracuse High who provide positive learning experiences to our students.
Changes Not Requiring a Fee
The following requests will not require a fee:
- removing a duplicate course (listed twice in your schedule, or taken already over the summer)
- adding a class for a missing period in your schedule
- adding DTC programs to your schedule
- adding internship to your schedule
- made a sports team, audition only class and it is not on your schedule
ANY CHANGES MADE BEYOND THOSE LISTED ABOVE WILL CREATE A $10 CLASS CHANGE FEE.
Class Changes Once School Starts
Class changes may be made in person August 22nd & 23rd during lunch or after school (no appointment needed).
Any requests for changes after the first two days of school requires students to submit a completed Class Change Appeal Form. Please see your counselor to obtain an Appeal Form.
Senior Class Changes
Counselors will be reviewing all senior students graduation requirements. Off track seniors will be contacted by their counselor to adjust their schedules as needed. Parents may review their students most up to date graduation summary on myDSD .
- All schedules are subject to change due to adjustments in class size/capacity.
- Please allow up to a week for your schedule to reflect requested changes.
- Do not submit a schedule change request for 2nd semester.
- Any changes you want to make for 2nd semester can be done in the counseling center at no charge during October and November, prior to Thanksgiving break.