Class Schedule Change
Schedule Change Requests
Schedule change requests are submitted online:
Completely fill out the request and list alternate courses in case your requested course is full. Schedule changes MUST be paid in advance. Login to myDSD and pay the $10 fee under "optional fees." Your schedule change request will not be considered until the fee has been paid.
Teacher Change Requests
WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCOMMODATE TEACHER CHANGES
Because of the large number of students enrolled at Syracuse High and current large class sizes, teacher changes may not be available this year. We are lucky to have quality teachers at Syracuse High who provide positive learning experiences to our students.
Class Change Fee
There is a $10 class change fee for each class change request submitted. Be sure to list ALL changes requested on the online form to avoid multiple charges. Any refunds will be at the counselors discretion. If a desired change cannot be accommodated, a refund will be issued.
Changes Not Requiring a Fee
The following requests will not require a fee:
- removing a duplicate course (listed twice in your schedule, or taken already over the summer)
- adding a class for a missing period in your schedule
- adding DTC programs to your schedule
- adding internship to your schedule
- made a sports team, audition only class and it is not on your schedule
ANY CHANGES MADE BEYOND THOSE LISTED ABOVE WILL CREATE A $10 CLASS CHANGE FEE.
Class Changes Once School Starts
Class changes may be made in person August 23rd & 24th during lunch or after school (no appointment needed).
Any requests for changes after the first two days of school requires students to submit a completed Class Change Appeal Form. Please see your counselor to obtain an Appeal Form.
Senior Class Changes
Counselors will be reviewing all senior students graduation requirements. Off track seniors will be contacted by their counselor to adjust their schedules as needed. Parents may review their students most up to date graduation summary on myDSD .
- All schedules are subject to change due to adjustments in class size/capacity.
- Please allow up to a week for your schedule to reflect requested changes.
- Do not submit a schedule change request for 2nd semester.
- Any changes you want to make for 2nd semester can be done in the counseling center at no charge during October and November, prior to Thanksgiving break.