Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Monthly Scholarships
- College & University Scholarship Websites
- Where to Find Scholarships
- ACT TEST
- Davis Tech Senior Scholarships
- EDGE Scholarship-WSU
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Keys to Success
- Regents' Scholarship (Replaced beginning with Class of 2022)
- Opportunity Scholarship (Replaces Regents & New Century for Class of 2022)
- Request Transcripts
- Scholarships for DACA, HB144, & Undocumented students in Utah
- T.H. Bell Education Scholarship
- Other Opportunities
ADDITIONAL JANUARY SCHOLARSHIPS
***CTE Scholarships Deadline: January 28
Scholarship Value Varies
The Career and Technical Education (CTE) Scholarships and Tuition Awards are for outstanding CTE students in Utah. HERE is a list of participating institutions and the number of awards available. Please see their website for information on the application process and scoring, or talk to Mrs. Sorensen in the Counseling Center.
AFA Teen Ahlzheimer’s Awareness Scholarship Deadline: January 31
Scholarship Value: $400-$5,000(many)
AFA’s scholarship provides educational funding to college-bound students who have been impacted by Alzheimer’s disease. Applicants are asked to write an essay (1,500 word maximum) describing the impact of Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia-related illness on themselves, their families or their communities, and what they have learned from it. Winners are chosen based off of their essay scores.
Sweet & Simple Scholarship Deadline: January 31
Scholarship Value: $1,500
Write a 250 word or less essay about "Not every gift has to be expensive or extravagant. In fact, sometimes it's the sweet and simple things that make a real difference in our lives. Think back and tell us about something you received as a gift and why it meant so much to you."
DAR Scholarships: Multiple Opportunities Deadlines: January 31
***Utah Student Athlete Scholarships (UIAAA) Deadline: January 31
Scholarship Value: $2,000(6)
Minimum Requirements for the UIAAA Scholarship: Applicant must have achieved the following: (a) minimum of B average (b) ACT score of 20 or an SAT score of 900 (Verbal and Math only)
· Applicant must have participated in two sports each year for at least 3 years.
· Applicant must have earned at least one varsity letter in each of two sports
· Applicant must complete attached scholar/essay application
· Applicant must have a letter of recommendation from the high school athletic administrator/director
· The principal or athletic administrator/director must sign the application to ensure that the information is accurate
· All materials must be postmarked to: UIAAA/NIAAA scholarship program, 199 East 7200 South, Midvale, Utah
ADDITIONAL MARCH OPPORTUNITIES:
***Governor’s Honors Academy (Southern Utah University) Deadline: March 4
This program provides Utah high school students with an opportunity to learn, lead and interact with some of the foremost leaders in business, technology, humanities, science, education, communication, and social science. It is held at Southern Utah University from June 10th-June 18th this summer. Students must have a 3.75 GPA or higher. The cost of the Academy is $1200 for all expenses. Those participants who attend the entire Academy will receive 6 college credits and a 4-year scholarship to SUU. For more information, please visit their website or talk with Mrs. Sorensen in the Counseling Center.
***Keys to Success Paul Mitchell The School Ogden Scholarship Deadline: March 31
This is a $1,000 scholarship to Paul Mitchell The School Ogden. 25 points will be added to your Keys to Success account for applying, unless application is fake or incomplete. This scholarship is specifically for Syracuse High School students. To apply: log in to your KTS account, look for the "Scholarships" icon at the bottom, search Keys to Success, and choose the scholarship you want to apply for.
***Keys to Success Snow College Scholarship Deadline: March 31
This is a $1000 scholarship to Snow College. 25 points will be added for applying, unless application is fake or incomplete.
This scholarship is for Utah students. To apply: log in to your KTS account, look for the "Scholarships" icon at the bottom, search Keys to Success, and choose the scholarship you want to apply for.
***Keys to Success Westminster Scholarship Deadline: March 31
Keys to Success at Westminster College is a $2,500 annual scholarship ($10,000 total value over four years) available to high school seniors who apply and are admitted to Westminster College. Scholarship applicants are asked to provide 3 short answer responses and submit a FAFSA. *Students who cannot submit a FAFSA are eligible for scholarship consideration and should submit the scholarship application along with an application for admission. Scholarship requirements: - High school senior (Grade 12) attending a Utah high school - Apply for admission by the February 1 Regular Decision deadline - Submitted 2022-2023 FAFSA - Submit scholarship application
Ensign College (Formerly LDS Business College)
Follow us on Instagram: @shs_scholarships
Follow us on Facebook: Syracuse Scholarships
- Directly from the school you want to attend (This is where the majority of scholarships come from!)
- Specific College/University Departments
- DSD Scholarship Database
- SHS Monthly Packets (online or in the Counseling Center)
- Ask your parents! Parents may work for companies that offer scholarships for children of employees. Parents may also belong to organizations that offer scholarships to children of its members.
- Military & ROTC
- Internet Websites Enter student profile in several search engines to refine the search results.
NEVER pay money for scholarships!
- ***COMPLETESCHOLARSHIPS.ORG (This is for State and Local scholarships!)
- ***KEYS TO SUCCESS
- GOING MERRY
- STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS
- Scholarships for Minority Students
Study.com Comprehensive Scholarship Guide
Concurrent Enrollment EDGE SCHOLARSHIP
Make your "Status Switch" from CE to WSU student by DECEMBER 1!
- Complete 12 or more credit hours of CE courses in high school
- Earn a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on all CE course work
- Must enroll at Weber State University after high school
- See above link for more information
APPLICATION OPENS ON OCTOBER 1ST!
Create a Federal Student Aid ID
There are three types of federal student aid:
- Grants—financial aid that doesn't have to be repaid (unless, for example, you withdraw from school and owe a refund)
- Work-study—a work program through which you earn money to help you pay for school
- Loans—borrowed money for college or career school; you must repay your loans, with interest
***Be sure to note what TYPE of aid you are being offered when you get your results.
What do I need to file my FAFSA?
- Student's Social Security Number
- Student's W2 Form
- Student's 2020 Federal Tax Return (if applicable)
- Parents' Social Security Numbers
- Parents' Date of Marriage, Separation, or Divorce (if applicable)
- Parents' W2 Forms
- Parents' 2020 Federal Tax Returns
Which Parental Information Should I Use?
- Are you living with both parents? You will need both parent's information.
- Are you living with one parent, or split your time between two parents? You should use the parent's information with whom you live most of the time.
- Do you live without your parents or have other circumstances? Make sure you have any documentation.
To Create a FSA ID:
Both you and a parent need to create a Federal Student Aid ID and a password to sign into FAFSA electronically. YOU AND YOUR PARENT WILL BE USING THIS USERNAME AND PASSWORD TO LOG INTO AND SIGN YOUR FAFSA EVERY YEAR THROUGH COLLEGE.
- Go to FSA ID
- Create a username and password and enter your email address (do NOT use your school email account because you will lose access to it after graduation!). Write down your username and password and keep it where you will be able to find it.
- Enter your name, date of birth, social security number, contact information, and challenge question and answers.
- Review your information.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Confirm your email address using a secure code, which will be sent to the email address you used. Once you verify your email address, you can use it instead of your username to log into your FAFSA.
If you need help completing the FAFSA:
Weber State has resources available
--UHEAA Outreach for FAFSA assistance M-F, 8am-5pm: 801-366- 8487
--UHEAA’s FAFSA walk-through video demonstrates an entire FAFSA step-by-step for those attempting to complete the FAFSA at home.
DO NOT use any website or app other than FAFSA.gov or myStudentAid to submit your FAFSA. There are other sites that will try to get you to pay in order to submit your FAFSA. It does not cost you any money to submit your FAFSA!
Seniors: Keys To Success has scholarships available, including some just for Syracuse High students. You can download the app and apply right from your phone! Applying also adds points towards prizes on your KTS account. (See Mrs. Sorensen or Mrs. Johansen if you need a Key Code)
Sophomores and Juniors--there are many resources available for you with Keys to Success too! Make an account and get started and you can begin earning points toward prizes.
***This scholarship will replace the Regents' and the New Century Scholarships
Application opens: November 15, 2021
Priority Deadline: December 3, 2021
Final Deadline: February 1, 2022
These are the requirements:
- Earn a 3.3 cumulative high school GPA
- Complete 3 advanced courses
- Complete 1 Advanced Placement (AP) or Concurrent Enrollment (CE) course in each of the core areas of high school graduation:
- science, and
- language arts
***(SEE THE LIST ON THEIR WEBSITE TO MAKE SURE THAT THE COURSES YOU"RE TAKING WILL QUALIFY!)
- Complete 1 Advanced Placement (AP) or Concurrent Enrollment (CE) course in each of the core areas of high school graduation:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Graduate from a Utah high school
Awards will be determined based on available funding and the number of qualified applicants. Individual awards may be used toward the cost of tuition and fees, after other state aid is applied.
The three scholarships offered include the need-based Utah Promise Scholarship, the Technical College Scholarship, and the merit-based Opportunity Scholarship.
Opportunity Scholarship is achievement-based. Completing a FAFSA is required as part of the application process, but federal aid is not considered when determining eligibility.
Eligible institutions include Dixie State University, Salt Lake Community College, Snow College, Utah State University, Utah Valley University, University of Utah, Weber State University, Brigham Young University (Provo), Ensign College, Westminster College, Western Governors University. (Students who plan to attend a technical college within the Utah System of Higher Education can defer use of the Opportunity Scholarship before transferring to an eligible institution listed here. We recommend these students also consider applying for the Technical Education Scholarship through the institution directly.)
If you have questions you can contact the Regents’ Scholarship office for more information:
Current Syracuse High Students:
Current students please print and fill out this form, as well as pay $2.00 per copy in the main office. Then attach your receipt to the form and return it to the counseling center. You can also scan and email the form to email@example.com.
- AP, ACT and SAT scores will be included with all transcripts
- All requests must be completed and signed
- Only list addresses for colleges/universities not listed on the form.
Syracuse Alumni and Parents:
Syracuse High has partnered with Parchment to order and send your transcript and other credentials securely. Click the button below to order your transcript through Parchment.
EDUCATE UTAH Scholarships for DACA, HB144, and Undocumented Students in Utah
ED OPPS Educational Opportunities for Utah's Children
IMMIGRANTS RISING 2020 Undergraduate Scholarships that don't require proof of U.S. Citizenship or legal permanent residency.
Brigham Young University https://dreamers.byu.edu/scholarships-for-dreamers
Dixie State University https://scholarships.dixie.edu/diversity-multicultural-scholarships/
Salt Lake Community College http://www.slcc.edu/undocumented/scholarships.aspx
Southern Utah University https://www.suu.edu/diversity/undocumented-daca-resources.html
University of Utah https://dream.utah.edu//dream_scholarships.php
Utah State University https://www.usu.edu/scholarships/undocumented-student-resources
Utah Valley University https://www.uvu.edu/studentaffairs/initiatives/#pay4college
Weber State https://weber.edu/undocumented/scholarships.html
Westminster College https://westminstercollege.edu/student-life/student-diversity-and-inclusion-center/student-diversity-and-inclusion-resources/undocumented-student-resources.html
DEBORAH S. BAYLE SCHOLARSHIP FUND FOR YOUTH
Deadline: MARCH 12, 2021
Open To: Undocumented Students with or without DACA
Requirements:Scholars will be required to be enrolled in 12 credits at Salt Lake Community College, University of Utah, Utah Valley University or Weber State University for each semester they are receiving an award. Scholars must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA during the academic year (fall and spring semesters.) Scholars agree to be an active participant in a college or university student support and retention program. A list of options will be provided to you for the school you attend. Scholars must reapply for FAFSA and seek out additional scholarships each year as part of their reapplication process.
Scholarship Link: https://uw.org/scholarships/
THE REAL LIFE SCHOLARSHIP
Deadline: MARCH 15, 2021
Open To: Undocumented students with DACA
Requirements: The Real Life Scholarship is a need-based college scholarship available for Real Life high school seniors or college students of refugee or immigrant background. Scholarships are awarded in the amounts of $5,000, $3,000, and $2,000. Students must also be accepted to a college or university and be a full-time student, maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA and complete FAFSA (PELL eligible).
Scholarship Link: https://www.youthlinc.org/real-life-scholarship-application/
T. H. Bell Education Scholarship (for future educators)
(Please verify deadlines and procedures through your specific institution.
Deadlines may be as early as February 1 so don't wait!)
Salt Lake Community College --Contact their Scholarship Office